Friday 27 February 2009

BONBON


Her cousin introduced her to marvelous parallel universes at the age of 5 and she never returned to Earth completely. Rhéa attended university in the UK over a decade ago and stayed ever since. Relatively new to the streets of London, her love for sci-fi has created all sorts of mischievous Barbarellas about town and her alien girls are first seen pasted in walls here and there before they are mutated to be part of the world of Finer Arts.

"I don't believe propaganda should hang on walls, I prefer to create references to the fact that some of us will never abandon childhood completely. It's an ode to the kid in my head for getting me through the real world."

DGG: ” Icons, inspirations, people you admire?”
BB: “I look up to my late grandma, I admire my friends and I am always inspired by the worlds of Rumi, Allende, Romita, Miro, Carroll, Murakami, Barrie…“
DGG: “Not interested in growing up?”
BB: “The rest of the world out there is far too real and a bit too angry and I don’t like to be reminded of it.”
DGG: “What makes you happy then?”
BB: “All sorts, good people, organic and pretty things, re-runs of Saint Seiya, I’d love to own a Shelby, Sci-fi in any form, the Rolling Stones… And cupcakes… And foreign horror movies… oh! And freckles!”
DGG: “Never thought a geek could look like you… Perfect man?… In Sweden we have some good men.”
BB: ”Of course you do… but I like going home and finding Indiana Jones in the kitchen”. 
DGG: “Point taken.”MSL for Den Grundlurade Generationen / Swedish Fanzine 2009.
More from Bonbon - www.rheanielsen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment